New, choice based car benefit scheme offers short cut to carbon and cost reduction
09 June 2022
A new, flexible ‘Go EV’ car benefit scheme driven by choice has been described as the ‘ultimate short cut to carbon reduction’ by just one of the businesses already reaping the environmental and financial rewards.
At its core, Lifestyle Car Choice is a simple to implement electric salary sacrifice scheme but unlike many products on the market, can be fully personalised in response to each organisation’s needs.
Driven by industry specialists CLM Fleet Management and Knowles Fleet, the scheme’s multi leasing company funding approach guarantees the lowest car quotes available, generated through an award winning scheme platform that offers businesses and drivers everything they need to keep moving.
Lifestyle Car Choice’s expert team takes care of all scheme administration, relieving the pressure on HR, payroll and drivers, with full management reporting ensuring every scheme stays on track.
UK construction and property services company Wilmott Dixon introduced Lifestyle Car Choice in January 2021 and, according to chief financial officer Graham Dundas, the scheme has ‘surpassed expectations’:
“Our ambitious sustainability targets to reach net zero by 2030 mean moving all 2,000 plus employees to fully electric cars and cutting business mileage by 65 per cent,” said Graham.
“Lifestyle Car Choice has provided us with the ultimate short cut to carbon reduction. In just 12 months, almost 400 vehicles were ordered and 95% were battery electric or plug-in hybrids. The result is a significant reduction in our average fleet emissions, plus huge cost savings for the business.”
The concept, which was awarded ‘Fleet Benefits Scheme of the Year’ at the 2022 Fleet News Awards, was created following recognition that offering choice is central to a successful carbon reduction policy, optimising costs and boosting staff well-being.
Knowles Fleet consultant Colin Knowles explains: “We’re 100% behind the transition to electric cars which is exactly why we advocate the flexible approach Lifestyle Car Choice offers. EV only salary sacrifice schemes work very well for some businesses but cost and practical barriers to electric vehicles still exist for many drivers, which can limit scheme take up.
“Offering a wider choice of lower emission cars plus alternative ways to pay encourages more staff into the scheme, creating valuable carbon and cost savings that would otherwise be lost.”
Andy Short, commercial director at CLM, adds: “Our partnership with Knowles Fleet combines decades of industry experience and we firmly believe, backed by our customers’ experience, that Lifestyle Car Choice offers employers a faster, more cost effective route to sustainability.”
To find out more, visit www.lifestylecarchoice.co.uk
Image caption: Andy Short, commercial director at CLM supporting the launch on new ‘Go EV’ salary sacrifice scheme, Lifestyle Car Choice
For further information please contact:
Rachel Cass, Marketing and Sustainability Manager, Knowles Fleet
Tel: 01206 255400 Email: email@example.com
Notes to editors:
About Knowles Fleet
- Knowles Fleet is an independent fleet management company providing industry leading, outsourced vehicle management and complete administration services http://www.knowlesfleet.co.uk
- Services include lease car scheme design and management, salary sacrifice and salary deduction, quotation portal and fleet management software, driver services, mileage and expenses, grey fleet management, fleet insurance and accident management.
- Knowles Fleet provides services to over 140 NHS, wider public sector and private organisations, and manages a fleet of over 19,000 vehicles.
- Established in 1990, Knowles Fleet is based in Great Bentley, Essex and employs over 50 staff.
- The company transitioned to an Employee Ownership Trust on 1May 2020 and is a member of the Employee Ownership Association www.employeeownership.co.uk
About CLM Fleet Management
- CLM manages commercial vehicles on behalf of corporate customers www.clm.co.uk
- As fleet specialists we exist to run our client’s fleet more cost effectively and efficiently. We deliver real and measurable cost savings through solutions such as competitive tendering, pay-as-you-go maintenance and more.
- More recently CLM have launched Lifestyle Car Choice, its very own salary sacrifice scheme to help businesses reduce carbon footprint, boost employee wellbeing and offer an attractive, affordable way to drive a brand new electric vehicle.